If you are moving out of state or assigning your Kentucky title to an out-of-state resident/business, the following documents and information are required to cancel your Kentucky record:
- A completed Affidavit for Correction/Exoneration (62A044)
- Payment of any existing property taxes
- Complete the Transfer of Title by Owner section on the back of the Kentucky Title
- Print name and address of the buyer/transferee
- Correct odometer reading is required
- Transferor/seller signatures
- Date of transfer/sale
- Have the title signed and notarized by a notary public with a seal
To ensure the vehicle is removed from the tax records:
- Return copy of the front and back of the filled out title along with the license plate to the county clerk’s office.
- Have the title signed and notarized by a notary public with a seal.
- Bring title to a motor vehicle service center or mail title to processing center.
To process by mail, send to:
Warren County Clerk
429 E.10th Ave, Ste 100
Bowling Green, KY 42101
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your vehicle was registered in Kentucky on January 1st of the current tax year, you are responsible for the taxes