How to Renew Vehicles & Boats

Motor vehicle license plates are renewed in the owners birth month with the exception of  personalized and specialty plates.  You must provide a current KY insurance card.  You may also provide the current registration and/or renewal notice received in the mail.

Accepted methods of payment are cash, money order, cashier check, and personal checks on LOCAL BANKS ONLY.  We also accept Debit and Credit cards, as well as American Express.

You also have a chance to donate to worthy causes at the time of renewal. Below are donation options:

  • Child Care Assistance Program
  • Veteran’s Trust fund

We Currently Offer Three Convenient Ways to Renew Your Registration!

1. Renew on-line:

You can renew your registration online through the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Licensing System. Visit their website to get started. RENEW NOW

You will receive your completed renewal by mail in 3 – 5 business days.

2. Renew by Mail:

Avoid the lines and use our Mail-In Renewal Service. A $2.00 fee is added to cover postage and handling. Send registration certificate, current KY insurance card, and payment (plus a $2.00 mail-in fee) to Warren County Clerk, P.O. Box 478, Bowling Green, KY 42102.

Checks need to be made payable to the Warren County Clerk

You will receive your completed renewal by mail in 3 – 5 business days.

3. Drop Box:


Enjoy the convenience of the drop box located in the front foyer of the Warren County Courthouse.  The renewals will be done the same day and mailed to the customer.  Please follow the steps below to ensure your renewal:

  1. Registration must be current and not expired. (current month renewals only)
  2. Property taxes must not be delinquent on any vehicle.
  3. Proof of Insurance must be a current KY Insurance card
  4. Provide a correct address
  5. Provide a phone number

Motor Boat Renewals

All motor boat registrations and transfers are handled by the County Clerk’s Office. Kentucky law requires all boats having motors to be registered if operated on public waters. To register a boat you must have your registration certificate. Boat renewals and property tax payments may be processed in the same ways that you renew a motor vehicle (see above) except by the internet.

All branches can be reached by dialing the Motor Vehicle Call Center at: 270-842-1535.

View our Contact information and Operating Hours

To correspond with us in writing, please write to:
Warren County Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 478
Bowling Green, KY 42101.

To contact us by e-mail:






Renew your standard passenger

“Unbridled Spirit”

plate online

Click Here

Motor Vehicle

Motor vehicle licensing is the most widely used service of the County Clerk’s office. The motor vehicle services are described below. Various motor vehicle forms can be downloaded from this web site for your convenience. Additional information may be found at

BUYER BEWARE! – TITLE AND SERIAL NUMBER CHECK Before purchasing any motor vehicle, make certain that the current owner can provide a valid title for the vehicle. Be sure to verify that the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) matches the number reflected on the title. This number is typically located on the dashboard on the driver’s side and is usually visible through the windshield. If these numbers do not match, insist that the discrepancy be corrected or do not complete the transaction.


To View Motor Vehicle Fees please click Motor Vehicle Fees

To View Motor Boat Fees please click Motor Boat Fees

Printable Forms: Motor Vehicles

To view and print these forms in keeping with filing standards you will need the Adobe Acrobat reader.

Affidavit for Replacement/Non-Exchange (Form: TC 96-167)

Affidavit of Incomplete Transfer

Affidavit of Total Consideration Given for a Motor Vehicle (Form: 71A100)

Application for Disabled Persons Special Parking Permit (Form: TC 96-204)

Boat Transfer Form (BTR) (Form: TC 96-184)

Exempt Transfer Affidavit (Form: 71A245)

Motor Vehicle Usage Tax Multi-Purpose Form (Form: 71A101)

Vehicle Transfer Form (VTR) (Form: TC 96-182)

Title Lien Statement (Form: TC 96-187E)