You may obtain a paper absentee ballot if you are unable to get to the polls on election day, and you meet any one of the following requirements:
- due to advanced age, disability, illness or medical emergency
- you are a member of the Armed forces
- you are the dependent of a member of the Armed forces
- you are a U. S. citizen residing overseas
- you are a student attending school outside the county of your voter registration
- you temporarily reside outside the state but are still eligible to vote in Kentucky
- you are incarcerated in jail and have been charged but not convicted of a crime
The deadline for applying for a paper absentee ballot is 7 days before an election. You may apply for a paper absentee ballot due to a medical emergency up to the day of the election. You may request an application in person, by mail, by phone, or by fax.
If you are going to be out of the county on election day and you do not qualify for a paper absentee ballot (as listed above), you may vote in the County Clerk’s office any of the 21 business days preceding the election.
To request an application or to inquire 270-843-5306.